Thursday, March 6, 2008

CSU trip

Just got back from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. I'm interesting in a lab there for a postdoctoral position (which, in case you're wondering is basically a glorified graduate student--a little more money and a lot more independence). I loved it there. The location is GORGEOUS. The laboratory personnel seem really friendly and a lot like the lab here. The research is very interesting. I could very easily see myself working on any of the projects there. AND, New Belgium brewery is located there. It's good beer.

I'll have another month or so to make my decision on where I'd like to go. I think Aaron should visit wherever we decide to go before we make our final decision as well. But, Donovan seems to be on board for Colorado. I told him there's real working steam trains in the mountains and there's a race track not far from Fort Collins--he was pretty much sold after that.







No comments: