Saturday, April 19, 2008

House is sold!!

What a crazy week! We started by interviewing agents for our seller's agent. Here's how the nights went this week:

Tuesday we interviewed the agent that sold us our house in 2002.

Wednesday we interviewed an agent that's a friend of mine from church.

Thursday I had a meeting with some Missouri state legislators.

Friday, the agent from Tuesday came back with another agent. The other agent immediately called one of his clients. She came over and within 15 minutes, they called me and asked if they could come back at 5:30pm. I said yes. At 6:30pm, we interviewed another agent, who's a friend of a friend. At 7:30pm, the agent from Monday called and said we'd have an offer on Saturday.

Saturday (today), we got an offer on the house--for MORE THAN WE ASKED FOR!! Amazing! And it's a couple just like us--he's a PhD student and they have a family. I'm so thrilled for both of us. I really think God answered our prayers on this.

So, we close on the house on June 20th (D's 6th birthday). We'll be moving to Colorado on that day!

HOORAY!

Sending another draft of my dissertation to my boss today. Have to turn it in on Monday! Keep praying--He's obviously listening!

No comments: