Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nerves are kicking in

I practiced my interview talk for the lab today. I'm usually at least a decent public speaker (this I'm sure I got from Dad), but I was very nervous. I have new data that I haven't presented before and I'm presenting another lab member's data, so I didn't explain myself well. Ugh. I'll be ready for Tuesday (which is the day of my talk), but I've got a lot of work to do. I still need to read up on the lab's work too. Too much to do, not much time.

This evening is busy too. Volunteering at bookfair from 3-5:30pm. Parent-Teacher conference at 6:15pm. MaryKay party at 7pm. Workout after that. Tomorrow Donovan's off school and I think I won't be coming to work much. Give me a couple minutes to breathe.

1 comment:

Susie hernandez said...

Alexa,
I have discovered your blog via your father's. He emailed me the site and hence found you. What a neat way to keep up with each other and also "document" your life. Kind of like a journal/ diary.
Good luck on your interview. I am sure you will do fine and hope it all works out for you the way you want. Can't wait to read the updates.
Thanks also for the nice, yet brief Christmas visit. It was really nice to see all of you and that boy of your is a cutie!! It's a great age too.
Cousin Susie