Monday, February 25, 2008

Lost Tooth and other updates


Yesterday Donovan lost his first tooth. It's been loose a couple weeks now, but after church we were on our way to lunch and Donovan yelled "Mom!" and it was out. After he took it out, he wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. It bled a little, which freaked him out. But after it stopped, he was fine. The tooth fairy gave him a dollar, which he promptly announced he would never spend because "It's the first dollar I've earned."

Next Monday I leave for my first on-site interview. This one's in Fort Collins, Colorado. I've got to give a talk, which I'm a little nervous about. Wish me luck! I think this location would probably the best for the family, as it's a similar size and make-up to Columbia. I still need to check into the schools there, but I think Donovan would like it. And I'd love to teach him to ski.

This weekend my mother and step-father are coming to help us start getting the house ready for sale. YIKES!

2 comments:

Grandpa Turner said...

That boy looks great without a tooth! Must be because he's so smart. What's he gonna look like without two teeth? Will he still be able to talk to Nana over the phone?

emily anna said...

Hi Alexa! I am SO excited about your interview! My parents live in Greeley... only 20 minutes away from Ft. Collins. My brother actually lives in Fort Collins now! I will email you later with there phone number and address if you happen to need a place to stay!
PS When are you getting your new car? :) I'm keeping it safe for you!