Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick-or-Treating, Donovan style



Yesterday was Halloween. Donovan was SO PUMPED to go Trick-or-Treating. He was so excited, he forgot his lines. He forgot to say "trick or treat" when people opened the door.



Luckily, no one asked for a trick. He had one prepared too. His new favorite joke: Knock-knock. Who's there? The interrupting cow. The interrupting cow--MOO!!. This actually isn't one of paw-paw's jokes (he's the one teaching Donovan all his jokes). This is actually a Dad joke.



Every Halloween, I get a little reminiscent of childhood. I would trick or treat with the neighbors, the Hatchmans. Those memories are some of the best memories I have. The past several Halloweens, Mrs H has emailed me to say hi. So funny how someone can have such an impact on a child's life. Makes me think of what impact I'm having on the lives of the children in my life. I know I impact Donovan--good and bad. I've already started saving for his psychiatry bills because of the things I've done that I had no idea impacted him. But, I'd also like to think I impact other children in my life (for the good, of course). One book I really enjoyed reading was The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. I think I'll have to continue to read the book at each stage of Donovan's life.


Now on to November (already)...which should be busy for us! Bathroom remodel, my birthday (28, not 27), Thanksgiving at our house....and who knows what else?!


No comments: