Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Horesetooth "Falls" Hike

On Sunday, we decided to go for a hike up horsetooth mountain. My boss had mentioned that there was a short hike there that was appropriate for little legs. The weather was hot, but because of the low humidity, it wasn't that bad. The skies had a few clouds, but otherwise a beautiful day. The hike was a little difficult, considering I carried a 50 pound kid halfway (his asthma is working up again and he couldn't go very far without getting exhausted). We finally made it up to the falls...and it was a joke. We were expecting MUCH more water. There was a trickle coming down. I don't know if you can see it in the first picture, but the second is of me and the kid sticking our hands in the "falls". That was literally all the water that was coming down.





We also walked up to the top of the falls, where the mountains kept on going and going and going. Beautiful!

1 comment:

Grandpa Turner said...

Wow, what fun. I hope Nana and I can do that when we come. It reminded me of a Sunday afternoon that Alexa, Becky, and I climbed up Mt. Tammany (1200 ft climb) at the Delaware Water Gap. We were hot and tired that evening. Love, Grandpa