Friday, May 23, 2008

FightSMA

Here's a link to a video about the disease I currently research.

This video talks about drug discovery for SMA therapies and briefly mentions gene therapy for the disease. That's kind of what I research. Gene therapy techniques have great promise for this particular disease as well as several other diseases.

However, another area of great promise for a therapy for SMA is embryonic stem cells. I know this is a hot topic for some people, but after attending a meeting for SMA researchers that patients and families also attended and seeing these beautiful, dying children, I must support any means to cure this terrible disease that robs these children of their future.

Just wanted to share a little about my research!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you researching about SMA. I hope there is a cure soon.